Feb 4, 2009

Finland got killed by Japan

Today the 4th of February Japan showed how to play soccer. There were some amazing players on the field and the foot work was nice and fun to watch. Unfortunately the learning team was Finland and the final score was 5-1 to Japan....I have to admid that I have never seen a game with such many goals.

But Finland had some good plays and yes they even did have the possession of the ball once in a while. Towards the end Japanese crowd were laughing to our goalie. I felt little bad because it was the first game where he started in the national level.

There was no doubt who is the favorite among Japanese lady soccer fans....and here he comes... SHUNSUKE NAKAMURA a player for Celtic and he first Japanese player to score in the Champions League and the second Asian player to do so. He also has a long career with the national team. But the girls went crazy...

I was debating for a long if I should go to the game or not because it seemed so hard to get tickets. The online stores are all in Japanese and Lawson should sell tickets but the old men didn't know how to help me even though I had a prochure with me. In the end I decided that I will just go to the stadium and hopefully I will be lucky enough the get one. And yes it did work. If the games are not sold out you may purchase your ticket in front of the stadium. The prices were from 2000-7000 yen.

Tokyo National Stadium has been in use for almost 50 years and it was also a home for the Olympics in 1964. It's located in Tokyo pretty close to Harajuku and Meiji Shrine which is quite nice and convinient. There are seats for 60 000 people. Today there were little over 35 000 people. Quite impressive for me at least...

3 comments:

  1. tässäpä varsinainen tietopaketti kuvineen -harmi, että Suomi hävisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you're back in the summer we can catch Sweden vs. Denmark here in Stockholm.

    Although speaking of other sporting events, is the LG Hockey Games a big deal? It's taking place in Globen here in Stockholm this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest but I have to admid that I have no clue about the LG Hockey Games...
    Definetly in for more soccer if the time and money allows....

    ReplyDelete