Feb 23, 2009

The Crew

As you know my purpose in Japan is to complete a fieldwork course and then finish my thesis and graduate on June from Lund University. My master is going to be on Asian studies and more focused on the societies of Japan and Korea. As you might have guessed I’m not the only one here…so it is time to introduce the gang from Lund and Waseda. We were 9 from Lund Jessica (Thailand), Katharine (USA), Gavin (USA), Ronald (Sweden), Cony, Florrie, Cindy and Wendy (China) and me. Most of the time I’ve been spending time with Ronald, Gavin and Katharine. This was the last time I’m going to see them in a long time since I’m not heading to Lund anymore. I love technology…I’m able to defend my thesis on-line!



Time in Tokyo went by so fast but then at the same time I’ll never get tired to this country so for me probably a year would be fast. We had our last lecture and presentations on the 5th of February, which ended with nice soiree provided by Waseda (the food was so good and the drinks as well). I really enjoyed the Waseda’s way of handling things and I cannot thank enough my tutor Vera. Who is too modest to accept Thank You!!!! I actually did ended up doing some interviews and writing as well but nothing is enough when you need to finish your thesis. My feeling is that I’m going to panic sooner or later, sorry to the friends in Finland when you need to listen the endless wining. But I will be alive again after June and will spend so much more time with you!!!


The night continued with drinks and karaoke and yes, I did sing too. Even though I promised not to and as you might also know my voice sucks but I have to admit it was fun. Though not sure what is wrong with me because I always end up going out just before the morning I need to get up really early or something important is going happen. Now the reason was Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment